Choosing the right major can have a big impact on your future. Students should determine what interests them to help guide them in the right direction but knowing which majors have the highest earning potential, certainly can help when making such a big life decision.
Everyone is different. Some people like the consistency of a 9-5 office job, but others want to be outside or have a job where you never know what you’re going to get. If you’re one of those people who is in the engineering field, we have some environmental and civil engineering careers that could be just the right fit for your career!
Most jobs usually require some office time but these areas will give you more freedom to step outside the office.
Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- Sacramento’s Hiring Assistance Program creates a program that benefits both employers and displaced workers via a cash reimbursement and job matching. [The Sacramento Bee]
- In the past 5 years, our economy has lost around a half million jobs from these ten employers. [AOL Jobs]
- Temporary staffing continues to see an increase in total jobs, as does healthcare, hospitality and retail. [Adecco USA]
- Coworking is quickly becoming employers’ top choice for remote employees. [Forbes]
- While salaries are on the rise, most employers are reserving increases for high performers by tying raises to performance-based metrics. [Recruiter.com] Continue reading