STEM jobs continue to be a hot commodity. The field offers promising benefits, a world of opportunity, high paying positions and much more, but did you know that seven of the 10 largest STEM jobs involve computers? The Bureau of Labor Statistics data offered up some surprising insights for people considering a STEM Career.
Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- New law passed in NY is just one law passed in a nationwide effort to ban discrimination against the unemployed. [HRE Online]
- Job openings are growing at a much faster rate than hires. Why is that? [U.S. News]
- While the June jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reflected the addition of thousands of jobs, does that mean a recovery is in view? Adecco says yes. [Adecco]
- CareerBuilder’s mid year hiring forecast shows that more employers are expecting to increase their temporary workforce over permanent staff. [ERE]
- With over 1.2 million veterans returning to the U.S. over the next 5 years, Corporate America has a huge task ahead of itself. While some companies have strong veteran hiring programs in place, most do not and those that do need improvement. [ERE]
- With the healthcare mandate postponed for employers until 2015 and most people confused about how it is going to work, it important to know what health trends to watch for in the coming months. [HBR] Continue reading