The job market is highly competitive so job seekers need more than a solid resume to outshine the competition. With so many candidates holding the same skills and qualifications, there are some traits that make for a successful job seeker.
Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- Mass layoffs rose 8.5% after a straight decline for the past 2 months. [Staffing Industry]
- With the seasonally adjusted BLS #’s out, Nevada just posted the highest unemployment rate in the country at 9.5%. Illinois and Mississippi tied at the second highest rate. [Staffing Industry]
- According to Adecco, some of the key takeaways for SHRM 2013 include: 7 strategies phenomenal leaders use, 3 essential qualities for success, and healthcare reform challenges. [Adecco]
- The demand for accounting grads has soared and is second only to STEM majors. [ERE]
- If you are looking for unique ways to build a better working relationship between your virtual and in-house employees, check out INC’s recent article. Strategies include transparency, webcams and synced work schedules despite time zones. [INC] Continue reading